Frequently asked questions and answers
Questions about product
- What is AKL FlowDesigner?
- AKL FlowDesigner is a CFD (computational fluid dynamics) software used to simulate and analyze external and internal air flow. Our users include companies in architecture, building design, engineering, and many other fields. They utilize AKL FlowDesigner software to help them quickly design and visualize air flow, thermal flows, and contamination containment. Our software is very easy to use, and can create accurate, visually appealing and sophisticated simulations within minutes.
- What are the main use cases for AKL FlowDesigner?
- AKL FlowDesigner can be used to quickly and easily simulate air flow in both external and internal spaces. Our easily understandable and eye-catching simulations help users visualize how air flow will be affected by design changes to buildings, structures or internal spaces. Users can even use AKL FlowDesigner to conduct heat sink analysis for circuit boards. Although our product is highly flexible, it is very easy to use, and can generate simulations in just a few minutes. This makes it ideal for using in the early stages of design and for proposals.
- What kinds of analysis can be completed by the software?
- AKL FlowDesigner software can be used to conduct many types of analysis, including wind pressure, thermal change, solar effects, contaminant removal, heating and cooling requirements, ventilation requirements, and many others.
- How is it different from other air flow simulation software on the market?
- AKL FlowDesigner is typically used early in the design and presentation process to save time and to visualize the impact of design changes on internal and external air flow. Although our software can use input from a variety of different software programs, it can also be used early in the design process to create accurate and visually appealing simulations without requiring detailed engineering input.
- Does it work with other CAD products?
- Yes. Users can enter data directly into AKL FlowDesigner or use documents exported from popular CAD programs including Autodesk Revit, Graphisoft ARCHICAD, Rhinoceros and SketchUp in the following formats: IFC, STL, SKP, STEP and 3DS.
- Does it require a lot of training to use?
- We recommend that new users complete our half-day training workshop to learn how to use AKL FlowDesigner. However, our product is designed to enable all levels of users to become adept at creating simulations quickly. In addition, we have a large number of online tutorials available to help users familiarize themselves with the product. Although AKL FlowDesigner is a powerful software platform, it does not require an engineering degree to use!
- How long does it take to create air flow simulations?
- Simulations can be created in as little as five minutes. One of the most powerful features of AKL FlowDesigner is its ability to create accurate and visually appealing simulations quickly. Unlike other programs that require days of complex design parameters, data entry and customization (not to mention many hours of training and specialized engineering know-how), AKL FlowDesigner can create compelling simulations in a few minutes.
- Does it work for analyzing internal air flow as well as external air flow?
- Yes. Our product is well-suited for many use cases, including analyzing building and structure design, as well as air flow simulation within internal spaces. Air, thermal and contaminant flow in internal spaces are all common use cases.
Questions about price and license
- How much does it cost?
- We offer AKL FlowDesigner for purchase or on an annual license basis. Please check with our local distributer for current pricing information.
- What kind of licenses are available?
- We offer AKL FlowDesigner for purchase and by annual license. At this time, we do not offer trial licenses. If you are interested in educational licenses, please contact us directly to discuss.
- Can we use AKL FlowDesigner on multiple PCs?
- AKL FlowDesigner is provided with USB license key. It is possible to install on multiple PCs, and the software starts up on the PC which the key is plugged in.
Questions about computer requirements
- What are the system requirements for AKL FlowDesigner?
- Recommended system requirements:
OS Windows 8/8.1 Windows 10 (64bit) CPU Better than Intel Core i3/i5/i7/Pentium/Celeron processor Memory > 4.00GB HDD >20GB available Display More than 1366×768 (WXGA) Video Later than DirectX 11.0c and OpenGL 3.0
- Does AKL FlowDesigner work with Apple/Macintosh computers?
- No. However, Windows for Boot Camp works.