AKLFlowDesigner Professional Edition
Grasshopper component of AKLFlowDesigner is released! (Provided by Univ. of Tokyo)
A Grasshopper component has been released that allows you to use “Operate objects”, “Condition setting” and etc. on the AKLFlowDesigner by an offer from the Mae laboratory at the University of Tokyo.
Operating FlowDesigner through Grasshopper YouTube (external link)
You can download it from FLOWDESIGNER PLUG-IN (food4Rhino) (external link)
Tool to “Visualize” Eco Design/Eco Proposal
Realization of Amazingly “simple” and “easy” simulation for people never used simulation software or unsatisfied with current software
AKLFlowDesigner is 3D simulation software for air flow and thermal/contamination distribution. “Air Flow Analysis Simulation” technology or Computational Fluid Dynamic (CFD), which has been used in only universities and industrial labs, has been commercialized as a tool for everyone. That is “AKLFlowDesigner”.
You can “visualize” wind flow and temperature distribution, which is hard to comprehend by scientific and technological analysis.
80% of users are fist CFD users. Almost all of them have realized the difference in their businesses. As a tool to “Visualize” Eco Design/Eco Proposal, it can be utilized design/implementation discussion, equipment ventilation design, or building-induced wind research, etc. It can be utilized for technical proposals to your clients. Experience the effects of evaluation of design ideas easily on PCs.
thermal distribution simulation
Authentic simulation tool for everyone
- It is very easy to adopt even for people who have never used, design and installation engineers, sales persons who would like to propose with technical proof.
- It requires only a half-day training to start using AKLFlowDesigner because of mouse-operation based simple user interfaces.
Modification of calculation conditions is very easy so that comparison of different conditions becomes very easy.
- Automatic mesh generation and parameter adjustment implemented. Made-in-Japan software which made designers utilize air flow simulation in daily operation. Air flow simulation is not just for specialists any more.
- Shows air flow, temperature, and contamination distribution changes as 3D animations.
What you can do
with half-day training
- Easy Visualization for Everyone
- Grasping air flow made easy. “Visualizing,” too.
- “Easy,” “Simple” and High-Accuracy at same time
- Simulation is useful because it can evaluate many different conditions.
- To develop ideas from many trial calculations
- We want you to see the analysis results and utilized insight from the calculations. These are the concepts we keep in mind to develop this software.
- Analysis software is a tool
- Is becoming a software expert your main objective?
Visualization of wind flow
Import CAD files
- Model importing with IFC data
- Importing IFC files and setting boundary conditions easily build analysis models. It will reduce time required to build analysis models significantly.
- Model importing with STL data
- General purpose file format, STL widely used with CAD software can be imported.
- Model importing with SKP data
- Import feature of SketchUp file format is now available. This makes many kinds of analysis easier, e.g. external wind analysis using geographic data.
- Model importing with 3DS data
- Import feature of 3DS file format which is exported from many kinds of CAD software is now available.
IFC data link
Became easier to analyze CAD models and complicated models!
Stability of calculation, and usability of modeling and mesh edit have been improved!
Result output of wind pressure coefficient and wind weighting, and solar integration analysis are now available!
Major New Features
- The number of importable CAD data format has been increased!(.skp, .3ds)
- Solar integration feature
- Numerical wind-tunnel analysis
- Analysis result viewer
Importing SKP file(top)
and solar analysis(bottom)
From urban spaces to electronic printed boards, various different spaces can be analyzed!
Can be applied for many different applications.
- Air flow analysis of urban spaces
- Air-conditioning analysis of arenas
- Air flow analysis of data centers
- Ventilation duct heating analysis
- Short circuit analysis of air-conditioning outdoor units
- Ventilation analysis of verandas
- Indoor surface condensation analysis
- Heat-sinking analysis electronics boards
- 3D air flow animation (temperature analysis of an office)
Air flow analysis of urban spaces
AKLFlowDesigner can make animation from analysis. Easily inspected transition of the conditions.
Major Analysis Examples
- Air flow and temperature distribution of large arena
- Heat control for data centers
- Natural convection for buildings with “Tower of the Wind”
- Heat analysis for equipment rooms
- Heat analysis for air-conditioning outdoor units with external wind
And more analysis examples introduced.
Air flow and temperature
distribution of large arena
Describing Functionalities/Suggested Operation Conditions/Support
- AKLFlowDesigner product line-up
Professional and Enterprise (with additional Inverse analysis with Adviser module) editions are available.
- Suggested operation conditions
OS, CPU, memories suggested for AKLFlowDesigner analysis
- Piece-of-mind user support service
You can upload your models for us to check.
Peace-of-mind support service
even for first users